Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sharp Dressed Doll

Yes, it's been awhile since my last post. But, during that time I have managed to work on a few projects, namely some doll clothes for my darling daughter. Okay, you got me...they were a Christmas present, but I think it still counts if the project was less than a year ago!

Santa was bringing a new American Girl Doll for her, and since that pretty much strapped "his" budget, Mom thought she would supplement with some new clothes. Luckily there are a bunch of patterns available for this sized doll, and they worked perfectly! The following picture is an outfit that I made for one of my daughter's friend's birthday.



I used fabric from some of DD's clothes that she had outgrown, which made for a cute T-shirt and denim capri set. Paired with a pair of doll "crocs" in hot pink that I found at Michaels, and it turned out to be a fun birthday present.



The rear view needed a little work, but this pic was taken before I ironed the shirt. The back pockets were a fun addition, but I think they were a little small. The corduroy jeans I made for my daughter's doll had bigger pockets, and it looked a little better.


I made two pairs of pajamas, brown cords, a fleece lined ski jacket with fleece hat, a quilted jacket with hood, a hand knit sweater and scarf, and some fuzzy slippers. (Whew!) Needless to say, I was still scrambling to finish them the day before Christmas, so when they were done they got wrapped before I could take a picture. Maybe soon I will pose the dolls for a photo shoot when I have nothing but time! (Don't hold your breath!)


All of the clothes were made from "found" material, such as old clothes from my daughter or Goodwill, or some of the scraps of fleece I had in my fabric box. I was also able to use up some of my yarn scraps, so whenever I find myself with a bunch of "scrap" material, I'll know it might be time for more doll clothes! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment