Monday, August 2, 2010

7 Days to an Organized Home

First, let me begin by saying that I am a fan of organization. Unfortunately, I have difficulty applying it to my home. I have great ideas, and I love reading magazines and articles on how to organize a home, but they just aren't working for my family.

Have you ever seen those lovely pictures of a perfectly organized closet, and thought to yourself, "I wish my closet could look like that." Then you realize that there are only seven shirts and 4 pairs of shoes. Well, that would never work for me! I need something that can organize dozens of shirts and at least 10 pairs of shoes. I need something for real people.

Since I can't find my guru externally, I have decided to become my own. I will devise an organizational system based on the many parts of other systems that I liked but just couldn't make work. This will be my franken-system. I'll write a blog for each day, stating my goals and then tell you how well (or even if) those goals were met.

I'm going to do it in 7 days. Why? No good reason, it just seemed appropriate. The best part will be that I don't have to commit to 7 days in a row, either! I will do one day at a time, and if it takes me a week to get to day two, well, I'm not hurting anyone but myself! And so...on with the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment