Monday, October 12, 2009

Mommy bracelets


As a new mommy, I totally understand the "mommy brain" phenomenon. The one where you can barely remember your own name, much less what time it was when the baby ate last! I saw some nursing bracelets for sale, and the design was so simple that I wanted to try to make my own. Mine are of course a little different, but I think they turned out pretty cute!






These are made with beads on memory wire so they are simple for nursing mommies to move from one arm to the other to help track where baby fed last. There are numbered beads and little charms to keep track of baby's feeding times and number of diaper changes. Plus, the modern beads are pretty cute! I used mine so much the numbers are wearing off the beads, but these two are destined for some mommy-to-be friends of mine.


Coming soon: (Also known as: the stuff I've started but haven't finished yet!)
  • My kids' Halloween costumes (a mermaid and a skunk)
  • A pair of socks I'm knitting with some fabulous soy yarn
  • Baby booties (for those new babies mentioned above!)
  • Cloth diapers

3 comments:

  1. I don't understand how the bracelets work. I get that you put it on the one arm that you last nursed from, but what do the numbers do? I've seen these in magazines too and still have no clue what they are. I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are number beads, 1-12, seperated by four decorative beads. The charm is on a lobster clasp, so you move the charm to correspond with the time. If baby ate at 4:30, you would put the clasp after the second bead following the "4" bead. (The decorative beads are the 15 minute intervals.) The second charm can be put after numbers to keep track of the number of wet diapers, especially important in new little jaundice babies. But you can read all about it in the accompaning instructions with the bracelet headed your way! (The second one is for you!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does make sense. I know that this time around I will have WAY more mamma brain since I also have that little 3 year old rugrat running around. I am really looking forward to spending a LOT of time with both of them!!

    ReplyDelete