Sunday, January 17, 2010

Blue Skies are Gonna Clear Up ♪

I painted a room! I know, you're thinking, "big whoop." But I have never done it before, so it is an exciting time for me! I've never really had walls that belonged to me before, so I can't wait to start on all the other rooms!

I started with my daughter's room. It is the smallest, and it actually had drywall to paint. (All the other rooms have paneling) I painted three of the walls white, leaving the wall that is wallpapered alone. (I think it's ugly, but my daughter doesn't mind the cutesy cartoon mice with pink and purple balloons, so whatever...)

But the big fun was in her closet. It's a nice sized walk in, and because she has about 5 items of clothing than need to hang, we've made the closet into a playroom of sorts, where she can set up her Barbies and Littlest Pet Shops in peace. So following this theme, I painted the closet a sky blue and sponged on fluffy clouds.

I think my first attempt at painting was fairly successful, and I can't wait to get my roller on all that ugly paneling...





2 comments:

  1. Looks good!!! I would have LOVED to have a "room" like that when I was a kid! Great job! ~Amy Hanson

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to put your wonderful artistic style to work throughout the house. What a great way to make her room her own.

    ReplyDelete